Overclocking computer crash - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Overclocking computer crash

I was overclocking my Core i5 750 to about 3.8 Ghz and it started up fine. I was going by this guide... i5/i7 LGA 1156 overclocking guide (to 4GHz~) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net I began doing stress tests using LinX and that was running fine. I was also using a program called Realtemp which is where it went wrong. I clicked the "Sensor Test" option and the temperatures began to rise quickly until CPU #1 hit about 92 degrees Celsius and my computer shut off. Now when I try to turn on my PC all it does it flicker for not even a second as shown here in my video...

1225100105-01.mp4 video by Lostprophets774 - Photobucket

I have taken the cmos battery out, tried short circuiting the cmos pins, trying each stick of RAM individually, but still nothing. I plan on taking it to a local PC repair shop on Sunday, but I want to know if there is anything else I can do.

I have the following hardware

Intel Core i5 750 CPU
2 GB Kingston DDR3 1333 RAM x2
4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM x2
ATI Radeon HD 5850
Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Motherboard
Xion 700 Watt Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Thanks for your help
Closed Thread