Overclocking a ClawHammer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I know, I know, it's a ClawHammer. :p

Anyway, I hear these things like to run pretty warm. I have a 3700 and want to know how well it will overclock. Can I get, maybe, 2.6 GHz or so out of it? I know all processors overclock differently, but I just want a rough idea.

Who here has overclocked a clawhammer? What did you get out of it and what kind of cooling system do you have?

I won't know anything about how warm mine runs until I get the mobo on Friday. Thanks for any help.

i have a fx-55 clawhammer, i have got mine up to 2.9 thats as far as I knew how to get it, but i know they will go farther!

turboFX55 said:
i have a fx-55 clawhammer, i have got mine up to 2.9 thats as far as I knew how to get it, but i know they will go farther!
What temp is it running at idle and under a load? What cooling system do you have? 2.9 looks pretty promising. :) But, I don't have an FX-55...

It's alive! Got the mobo today and fired her up. All is working well so far. It idles at around 35 degrees at original 2.4 GHz, so I played with it a little and clocked it to 2.5 GHz and temp only went up to like 36 or 37. So, I'm guessing 2.6 or 2.7 GHz should be reachable with the cooling I have now. I will probably mess with it some more tomorrow and see what I come up with.

I too have a 3700 clawhammer, i heard that someone OC'ed their 3700 clawhammer from 2.4 to 3.6, i don't know if thats possible even with after market cooling, but if it is that would be bad a**.

I got my clawhammer up to 2.6 easy and it idles at 32 and under load gets to about 40

Optical sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom