Overclocking The BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude, you simply cannot make a hard drive spin faster, it has a set RPM and it cannot be changed. If you really doubt us, call up this tech guy and ask him exactly how he believes it can be done, other than some bullshit vague answer such as "through the BIOS".

I called the technician back and he told me the following...

To overclock the hard drive, I must first overclock the BIOS by overclocking the SEE-MOS or C-MOS (?). Once the BIOS has been overclocked, I must then overclock the P.C.I. BUS past 100 Mhz. Once these three steps are complete, the hard drive will automatically spin at 10, 000 RPM.

Because the hard drive is spinning 2, 800 RPM faster than it should be, the CPU will overclock itself by 280.0 MHZ.

The CPU to HDD ratio should be 3:1.

---------------------------

Any truth to this information?

Pretty much.

Once again you CAN NOT overclock the BIOS or CMOS...so theres a wrong answer there

Raising your PCI Bus to 100 will guarantee frying a HD and components.

All that info about HD spin speeds, and clock speed is all wrong man.

Like I said, fire him and give me the job. I'll give you correct info.

THERE IS NO CPU HARD DRIVE RATIO

So get rid of that thought right away

EDIT: Give me the number to this guys place and I'll set him straight :p

Wow! I am shocked. The same technician has helped us with every problem in the past. I don't see how he can be completely wrong.

The BIOS is software and cannot be overclocked. I've also never heard of a CMOS being overclocked, although someone can correct me if I am wrong.

That all sounds like complete and utter crap though, plus he is suggesting you literally overclock nearly ever other piece of your motherboard, which will lead to some mad heat problems and energy use.

Dude he's not just completely wrong, he's INSANELY wrong.....a mental patient could give better advice.

I can't tell you how wrong he is because theres no words in the english language to describe the sheer stupidity of the things he told you..it's just ridiculous......I'm in shock myself

For 1 you have to be able to lock the agp/pci bus or else you will fry your stuff
Yeah in overclocking you LOCK the PCI bus not raise it well beyond it's capabilities. The PCI bus is normally 33MHz, set it to 100MHz and you've insta-fried your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom