Overclocking AMD x2 4200+ any1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to subject... I have my CPU sitting at 2.65 right now stable after about 12 hours of torture... (What's it... Prime 95) it's air cooled as you can see in the sig. also no problems... Temps sit in the high 20's low 30's C. even at full load.

what voltage are you running at and what are the average air temperatures where you are at the moment? if you can get to 38 degrees gaming but only low 30's running prime95 then you must be running it incorrectly.

nitestick said:
what voltage are you running at and what are the average air temperatures where you are at the moment? if you can get to 38 degrees gaming but only low 30's running prime95 then you must be running it incorrectly.

Let me clarify... I don't normally look at my temps, so when i say I got 38C, it's cause I just happened to look at it... And I don't normally watch my 95 going cause I do it right as I'm going to bed. :eek: Environmentals right now are high 70's in the house... If you can advise if I'm doing something wrong then by all means, please do. But looking at my temps right now at idel I have 27C... but here's a SS for you to check out.

CPU-Z.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm doing the "In Place FTT's Torture Test" So yes I think it's one instance per core. but I'm not totally sure, to be honest. I'm just playing with it now... I'm not 100% as to what all the setting are yet.

R1C0CH3T if your reading this; I did not mean to hijack the thread, and I apologize, but hopfully you can pull some info out of what I did/didn't do right... Cuss me out if you want me to start a new thread... :p

nah i dont really care, fun to read about overclocking and shizz, ill be doing it by this friday if the evil ups man comes on time......cant wait

no thats not one instance per core. that explains how prime ran lower temps than a game :). what you should do is open up run from the start menu, click browse and find where you extracted prime95 to. click on prime 95 and run it. go back to the run box and add " -A1" to the end. that should allow you to run a "second instance" of prime95. click affinity in options (i think options is the menu but i'm not sure, i'm typing from memory) one of the instances and assign it processor 0. click the same thing in the other and assign it processor 1. then you can run in place FFT's like you already did except this time it will run prime95 on each core. this should bring your cpu up to its maximum temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom