overclocking 780i with q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
bring it down tonine and try 400 it may be more stable since yoru fsb is lower, up your vcore to about 1.48 1.5 make sure your idle temps dont go above 75 imo. 71 is the max but i dont think 4c will do much harm.put your ram at a 1 to 1 frequency so it should be running 800 at 4-4-4-12, run it at 2t at the recomended voltage. and run folding or prime with that.

wtf... i went back to a 9x multiplier and lowered fsb to have a 3.2 , ran ram unlinked at 830mhz. my computer locked up last night and i figured i'd just fix it in the morning. now my computer wont start at all, can't even get to bios, turns off after 2 seconds. i removed the battery and put it back in, that didn't work. im not sure how to reset the jumper, i put it to pins 1/2 and then switched it back to 2/3 and turned it back on and still turns off....... im freakin out.

If i take my Ram out the computer will stay on but not post because theres no ram. since it actually stays on though can i assume that my RAM died? i tried taking one out to see if both were bad, looks like the case. Any other thoughts?

actually...and you are going to hate this. But the more likely cause is the memory controller died. Your board has the led indicator right? If so does it say 01 or C1?

fck! so i went and bought some test ram from best buy, same C1 error..... so does that mean my motherboard is bad? theres no way my cpu could have died from a 3.2 (1.32 vore) OC, could it? anything else i should test before i take my motherboard out and all its components out?

SUCCESS! i followed this steps to effectively get past the c1 error

. Shut down system and turn off PSU.
2. Press power button to discharge mobo
3. Jumper Clear CMOS jumper
4. Remove battery
5. Remove all memory
6. Let sit for 15-20min
7. Place 1 stick of mem in system in slot farthest from the CPU.
8. Replace Clear CMOS jumper.
9. Repace battery
10. Turn on PSU
11. Press power button. (if still getting "--" or 1d then "--" then shut down and reboot again. If still same then RMA)
12. If boot occurs (ie FF Led) then enter bios.
13. Load defaults, set date/time, set mem voltage to 2.1v
14. F10 save and reboot.
15. If boot occurs then enter bios, make all changes needed
16. F10 save and reboot.
17. If boot occurs (ie FF) then enter bios then shut system down via power switch
18. Place second stick of mem in second slot farthest from CPU.
19. Power on.
20. If boot occurs (ie FF) then hit reset to make sure.
21. If boot occurs then move on to allow windows to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom