overclocking 667 celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold_Snowden

Solid State Member
Alright I've got a 667Mhz celeron, that if possible I'd like to play around with overclocking just for fun. I'm running windows ME, and in the BIOS there appears to be no way to overclock from there. I have tried several overclocking programs, but all of them seem to say "in the real version you could save these settings now, please upgrade"

And they end up not letting me save my processor overclock settings. So I am wondering if anyone knows a good program with a free version that actually works. Or if there's a way to do it without a program and make me feel real technical.

I believe it's a trigem motherboard. I will give those programs another shot, last time I got them however it seemed I couldn't make any real changes.

setFSB is the best to me, now, open your computer and find your PLL
it looks like this(the chip right beside the cable, should say ICSxxxxxx)
then read those numbers, then go to the setfsb download page, find the PLL number, then download that program....
or cpucool and cpufsb are free for ;like 30 days, and you can choose the PLLs in the options place...

Managed to get it working the number was missing the letters 9250BF-10 was 9250-10A but it worked just fine. Currently overclocking just a little with the FSB at 68.7Mhz and CPU at 684.5

With the multiplyer of 10, it should be about 687 but close enough.

I've had it up to 704, tried higher till it crashed but didn't keep track. It will go to an FSB of 88.6 so a CPU speed of 886

I doubt it will manage that but I'd like to try to get to 82.7 though that might have been around where it crashed, or even lower. Why is it only adjustable in certain strange increments, are they all like this?

Also, I have heard of people overlclocking these copermine 666Mhz processors to 1Ghz. That is not an available option on this program, and considering it crashed well before that, I think they're lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom