overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbieinmissour

Solid State Member
im trying to figure out how to overclock my CPU. in BIOS i cant figure out where to adjust anything.

cpuz.JPG

mainboard.JPG

there are some screenshots i took with cpuz running.

thanks for the help.

Re:

Hello,

With AMD Athlon XP Processors, you can't instantly overclock it. It's a hardware protection, hardwired into the CPU. You have to bridge two metal contacts on the CPU, which requires you to use a soldier, a metal wire, and fingers crossed. It's called, unlocked the L1 Bridges on the CPU. Here is an article detailing how to do it, and there's a video too!

Article: http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20011124/index.html

...and if you can't see the video on the end page, here it is:

Video: http://www.tomshardware.com/images/thg_video_2_ocing_xp.zip

Thanks Alvin for that article

Not all Athlon XP's are locked like in this way though, if newbieinmissour can access his mutilpier, then he can easily overclock...

how do i edit that stuff?
i think that i have to do the bridge thingy.

and ive read that guide a few times.
when booting up....i press F1, those are the BIOS right? i just cant find the place to modify the FSB. i only wanna put it at 205, instead of 200.

thanks for the help

You have a compaq, you cannot overclock via bios. You may be able to find a software solution that will work.

Idiotec is correct. You need to thoroughly read that sticky about overclocking and learn to become familiar with the basic option you will need in order to OC.

I can tell you right now any prebuilt computer by Dell, Compaq, HP, anything like that you won't be able to OC.

Keep in mind when raising the FSB you are also overclocking your RAM.

As far as the XP's go your chip would have had to have been made before week 39 of 04 for the multiplier to be unlocked but considering your motherboard that really doesnt matter.

then i guess overclocking is out of the question.

what kind of software would i need?
what about programs to monitor the temp with out getting in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom