overclocking 3700+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD 3200+ 64

Baseband Member
So lastnight i thought id push my pc and see just how far i could overclock so far ive stoped at around 2.68GHz, but i decided to also tune my ram and just toss caution to the wind and go for it

and this is what i got:

2.94GHz at 1.408v 267x 11 x 2200MHz (stock is 2.2GHz)

166MHz 3-4-4-8 on my ram

and it runs a cool 28c idle and 36c load

and its quite stable as im sittin right now at 2.90GHz, im wondering if i should push it even more and hit that 3GHz area but i dont no if this pc will take it any one think it can?
:confused:

If you can get like a 2.8 out of it that's stable then I'd say go for it. Prime95 it for a couple hours afterward.

We can't possibly tell you how far you can push it. It depends on so many things. Just keep taking small incremential steps up until you start noticing stability problems. Then is a good time to stop. You're not going to just fry your cpu from one moment to the other, you'll see various signs first.

Mine got to 3.1ghz, but I couldn't do 3dmark, I could game and stuff, however. It was at 1.425v

Socket 939 with Arctic Cooler Freezer 64.

It runs stable at 2.95ghz for me, with RAM at 218 2-3-2-5. 2.8v I think.

I didn't think you could clock those that high. I'm a little upset I can't get my 4000+ over 2.88 without going to BSOD. I need to mess with my ram timings or something I'm just too lazy. The first time I booted into windows and saw that 3.0GHz I was pretty happy about it but then it crashed on me and I had to stick at 2.8 LAME.

ic well im down to 2.75GHz now
how can i make it more stable?
what would be a better ram timming choice for max oc and ram speed

a lower MHz? like 133 or a higher mhz?
and my timmings are 3-4-4-8 [stock 3-3-3-8 so if i was to bump then up say 3-5-5-9 would i get a more stable system overclock?

If it's the RAM that is limiting you, then it could help. But I have a feeling that if you're already not running your mem over stock, then there shouldn't be a problem. Lower your HTT multiplier to like 3x.

Sometimes, you just get limited by your CPU. I was glad I got a decent one..(and to think I was worried about not getting a 4000+.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom