Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
I have read the "how to overclock" guide, but its not specific enough. In the bios, the options to change cpu FSB are greyed out so they can't be selected. I got an Asus P5GD2 Premium 915P.

According to Asus you should be able to OC with that board... I don't know why it would be greyed out unless your cpu is locked. Can you change the multiplier?

Actually it seems it does this for you:

AI NOS™
Boost performance when you need it the most!
Applications such as 3D games and video editing demand a huge chunk of system resource.
Inject "nitrous oxide" into your CPU! The patented AI NOS™ (Non-delay Overclocking System) technology intelligently detects system load and automatically boosts performance for the most demanding tasks. Unlike other dynamic overclocking techniques, AI NOS™ reacts much faster to satisfy your unending need for speeds.

I can't even see a multiplier in the bios... and i'd rather oc my cpu and have the ai nos as an extra on top of that

Well it is hard to tell without seeing your bios personally. Do you have a digital camera or something to take a picture of your bios with?

I have read the "how to overclock" guide, but its not specific enough. In the bios, the options to change cpu FSB are greyed out so they can't be selected. I got an Asus P5GD2 Premium 915P
How is the guide not specific enough because your board doesn't allow you to change the FSB? This makes no sense to me.

Check your motherboard for a jumper...this could be why it's greyed out. A jumper could be just set on 'auto' so that it adjusts it's speed according to the CPU.

Im looking through the manual for that motherboard and they kind of suck at addressing the BIOS fully, but it basically says you need to go into the Advanced menu tab and set the AI Overclocking option to 'Manual' and it should allow you to set your own parameters. Same goes for DRAM. Under performance just leave that at Auto or Standard since Turbo is running it at accelerated speeds, but since you will be doing that manually leaving it at auto or standard will offer more stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom