Overclocking 3000 venice w/ MSI Neo4-f

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cleared the cmos by pushing the button. I know it cleared b/c my time and date reset also. I will try again later, but I am encoding another video currently, so I cannot try now.

Pushing a button? What button is that? I assume it must be an MSI specific thing or what?

It might be a 'light reset' or something though it your memory is still at that speed

Nubius said:
Pushing a button? What button is that? I assume it must be an MSI specific thing or what?

It might be a 'light reset' or something though it your memory is still at that speed

I have the same mobo. the button does a full cmos reset. Ive done it about 20 times in the past couple days with all the problems ive been having from trying to overclock.

I dont know why your ram is running underclocked. Try taking it out and putting it back in after a reset. I had to do that once and check your voltage for ram it should be in yellow numbers not red or white.

hmmm that's kind of cool to have a little button....I hooked a 12" 3pin extender up to my CMOS pins so that the Jumper is up at the top of my case for easy access :D Especially because of my water cooling tubing it's hard to get in there to reset it

Nubius said:
hmmm that's kind of cool to have a little button....I hooked a 12" 3pin extender up to my CMOS pins so that the Jumper is up at the top of my case for easy access :D Especially because of my water cooling tubing it's hard to get in there to reset it

thats a cool idea

Well I got the ran back to 200, I had to manually set it. I don't know why it now defualts to 167MHz though...

I have it oced to 2.0 w/ 222fsb and I might keep it there for a while until I buy the zalman 7700 or 7000 copper. I am using the stock cooler now, and that does a good job too.

i thought that those venice cores were suposed to be awsom at OCing? cos 2.17 aint that great. most winnies will do 2.3-2.4 and i get 2.5 stable stock vcore stock cooling.

About the ram speeds i think that you might have you ram set to auto sellect the ratio and when you oc your fsb your mobo tries to keep the ram speed at or below 200mhz a few times i've flashed my bios and then set the fsb to 250 or so and started up checked cpu-z and found my ram doing lke 180mhz cos i forgot to set the devider.

i thought that those venice cores were suposed to be awsom at OCing? cos 2.17 aint that great. most winnies will do 2.3-2.4 and i get 2.5 stable stock vcore stock cooling.
It's called they are just learning how to overclock fo0l

I don't remember you hitting record overclocks when you first started out.

srry man i thought that that was a wall. not critisizing just wondering if the much vaunted venice wern't as great as people said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom