Overclocking 3000 venice w/ MSI Neo4-f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevoma

Daemon Poster
I am trying to oc my 3000 venice with the MSI Neo4-f motherboard. I have it running at 2GHz (200Mhz oc) with the fsb at 222 (has a multiplier of 9).

I was wondering how some people can get them up to 2.4 and higher. That would mean the fsb is about 266. When I up the fsb of the processor, it ups the ram's fsb too (TwinMOS cas2.5 2x512mb). I don't think the ram can go to 266 (532MHz).

What do I do? I am new to overclocking. Thanks for any help.

Give the ram as much voltage as your board can give it, and you should get good OC's out of that ram

Loosening the timings to 3-4-4-X would also make it go much faster

Perhaps you should have posted this in the 'Overclocking' section

There are memory dividers to lower your memory so even when your FSB goes above 200 the memory will be lower.

Not sure how the MSI Neo4 works, but some will label the divider as 166 which doesn't mean it'll put the RAM at 166 but rather if your FSB was at 200 the RAM would be 166....so as you go above 200 the RAM will raise above 166 until the RAM hits 200 and you either have your FSB you want, or you can lower it even more.

Some boards will allow you to select the exact MHz you want the RAM to run at, some will allow you to select an actual ratio

Most of the people that are getting to those high venice OC's have RAM that can follow it....but even if they don't they simply use the dividers

Thanks Nubius. I thought I did post this in the overclocking section (sorry). I will try what you guys have said and will get back to you with the results. Thanks!

Sevoma said:
Thanks Nubius. I thought I did post this in the overclocking section (sorry). I will try what you guys have said and will get back to you with the results. Thanks!

let me know too. I have the same mobo and the 3200 venice. My ram is corsiar xms3200pro and I cant overclock past 2.1Ghz which is a 100Mhz boost.

I got to 2170 MHz, but it stoped working at that speed when I updated my bios from 1.2 to 1.5.

After overclocking with the new bios, I got it to 230fsb and during encoding a video with transcode in linux, it was inresponsive. I rebooted and downclocked it to default settings and I noticed the ram was running at 167 MHz. I cleared the bios a couple of times, and it still is at 167MHz. I cannot get it back to 200. It is set to run at 200.

What is wrong? I hope I didn't damage my ram...

You are bumping up your Vcore accordingly right?

Don't know why the RAM is defaulting to there.....how did you clear the CMOS? use the jumpers or pull out the battery or what?

Either way you should be able to set your RAM backup to 200 no problem....like I said though, you're going to need to add voltage to your CPU for it to run at those higher speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom