Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar3661

Solid State Member
Ok basically im a huge noob with overclocking i was tempted to try myself but im pretty sure my BIOS r disable i was wondering if there was a way to re enable them, and can aynone explain what overclocking is and tel me what info i need to post here to know if i can even overclock.. thanks

Your BIOS is not disabled. It is probably hidden if you are using a prebuild system. Prebuild systems are very difficult to overclock because they usually don't want their products to be destroyed by a user.

You are limited in what you can overclock for your computer. Big Box manufacturers want to preserve the computer so they limit a lot of the overclocking potential that you normally would have. They are afraid that you will ruin the system and call in for warranty.

You can try to make your video card a bit faster but not much. You can also overclock the processor but thats only if the option isn't disabled through manufacturer specific bios options.

Try getting into the bios to see if you can change anything as far as processor multiplier or hypertransport speeds. When you first turn the computer on at the beginning acer screen look for an option to press one of the function keys to get into setup. Let me know what options you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom