overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if u might not know...overlocking a system reduces the life of the processor. So depending on how bad u overlock it...it reduces the life of the processor. Also the processor gets mroe heat as u know of.

so if you wanna overclock then know that you should have good airflow and a good Heat sink for your cpu. although if you have anything that is a 2000+ or a 2 gig pentium i wouldnt overclock it, its already fast enough. :)

well yes and no. Its basically a gamble in my opinion. If u overlock it too much...the life of the processor will be decresed more...overlocking is used if...ur system aint performing well enough for ur tasks to make make it fastter. Although i aint a big fan of....overlocking.

Seems like the best thing to do would be a small overclock if you are not happy with performance, but only push it on benchmark tests (if that's what you're into.)

yeah cell's gotta point...overclocking can reduce the life of the proccessorr...there is not point of doing it

actually in my case and many others, we over clock because we want the best performance possible, mind you a lot of us here at techforums, have kick @$$ computers, but we still overclock our chip to it's limit. We do it for the pleasure of overclocking and because we have to mess with stuff, because "stock" just isn't right for us!, and the actually overclocking isn't what hurts a chip, i'm pretty sure it's the increase in voltage amount. A processor call last up to like.. 20 years probably, now a days i'd say most chips last like 10 years, but overclocking your chip doesn't decrease the total lifetime amount as much as you'd think, you'd probably loose up to 5 years depending on how far you pushed it (voltage and all)... therefor you'd still have your chip for 5 years, which everyone but the hobo around the corner would have upgraded by then.

guess123 said:
is it bad for ur computer to overclock it???

guess123 said:
yeah cell's gotta point...overclocking can reduce the life of the proccessorr...there is not point of doing it

You have just asked a question and answered it. I have never in my e-life seen this done. You are a strange little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom