Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJason

In Runtime
I have a Asus p4c800 motherboard and Hynix ram 256mbx2. What is the max i can overclock my CPU i have stock intel heatsink and fan and Aopen qf50a case with only 1 fan and thats in the PSU. I have a Intel 2.6Ghz Ht Cpu

I would first upgrade your cooling system on your CPU, most OEM heatsinks and fans, are not up to the task of even the modest of overclocking. But if you must without upgrading your cooling system, I would first set your alarms and thermal shutdowns in your computers BIOS, so you can save your machine if a pending melt down is near. Your board was featered in the Spring 2004 PC Modding Magazine, you should be able to find this at any of your local stores. All though they ran the board with a P4 3.0 and a P4 3.2, they did run your processer on a ASUS P4P8X. This should at least send you in the right direction. This Issue actually ran a slew of boards and pentium processers on everything from the 2.4 P4 processer on up and overclocked them all with detailed Benchmark results. I recommend this issue to anybody. As alway's though every processer is different in there own little way, one P4 2.4 might overclock better then another P4 2.4. Motherboards can react the same way. So use caution and don't be surprised if you have conficting results. Your flip side to the reality side. Newt

Thanks for that. The other day i was just doing stuff in the bios and i put it to a 20% overclock so. 2600mhz + 20% =3120mhz. I just gave it a boost of 520mhz with the stocl cooling and it ran at 52 degrees. But now im going nothing and it is at stock speed and my cpu is at 36 degrees. Is 52 degrees too hot? I Was think ing getting this -- thermaltake a1715 spark 7+ xaser edition , socket 478 ,2 ball bearing, 1300/6000rpm with temp. sensor, 17/43dba, opti-fin all copper ; with front ( 5.25" ) and back panel speed control. Whats do you guys think of that fan and heatsink. Do you guys know of any others that are better but in the same price range.

If i got this --thermaltake a1715 spark 7+ xaser edition , socket 478 ,2 ball bearing, 1300/6000rpm with temp. sensor, 17/43dba, opti-fin all copper ; with front ( 5.25" ) and back panel speed control. Would it fit into my motherboard i have a asus p4c800 and a 2.6ghz intel p4. I know sometimes they dont fit because of the graphics card and other thing in the motherboard.

Thermaltake is an excellent choice for cooling needs. I would say that any problems you might have with installing this unit, you should ask Thermaltake and ask about this units combatibilty it has with your motherboard, they would now more than me on the issue. I am sure they have been threw the ropes more than once with what you are concerned about. You are heading in the right direction, A cooler PC, is a faster PC, Heat can rob processing power even in a stock computer. Newt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom