Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
i've oc'd ~11% by upping the FSB using MSI's software off their website (i think its called corecell)

is it possible to get it going faster? my cpu temp hasnt even jumped more than a deg celcius...

i'm talking about the rig in my sig.

also, i've been looking at OC'ing my 7900GT using NVidia's software ,but i dont know what speed to set my stuff at. any suggestions?

the second time around installing all my drivers and stuff, i excluded eVGA's software and only installed nvidia's drivers/software. any foreseeable problems with that? i figured the evga software would just cause conflicts w/ nvidias.

Don't overclock the CPU with software. Go into the BIOS, make sure PCI lock is on (including PCIE) and put the HTT onto 4x multi. Then start upping the bus speed graduarly, test with Prime95 and go further.

i assume prime95 is a program...

thanks though, i thought there was a better way than w/ software

cant wait to get out of work and start oc'in again... its like a drug! i need it!

Nah the MSI software (core cell) changes the bios settings. its pretty cool actually. you can keep uping all your volts and fsb and watch if your system get unstable and stop it or keep going. i believe as with my MSI board i can only get a fsb up to 250 i dont know what that equals on your percentage but if your not going unstable whats stoping you from going higher ? and if you are going unstable youve just reached your hardwares limits ex. cpu, memory and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom