Overclockers Convention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Does something like this exist? They have hackers conventions, Star Wars conventions, comic conventions, every type of convention for a geek, but I have yet to hear of any overclockers convention. Does it exist? i would like to go to one if they did, prolly learn alot.

Yeah, sponsored by ATI as if you couldn't tell by the link, but they not only had a PC in a tank submerged in liquid like shorty was wanting to do, but all the top OC'ers around the world were there, not to mention a dude from ATI that basically built the graphics cards was there to do volt mods for them. All LN2 and home made phase change units there....was pretty crazy.....no world records broke at that one though

You go to it?

not to mention a dude from ATI that basically built the graphics cards was there to do volt mods for them

You mean people just brought him their cards, and he volt modded them for them?

Nah, it was in texas, I live in california, not only that but I'm nowhere near skilled or crazy and using LN2 or home built phase change units so it would just be pathetic if I were to go....but if I lived close I would have because there are a lot of just normal people going because theres also competitions to win some graphics cards and whatnot.

You mean people just brought him their cards, and he volt modded them for them?
Most of the heavy OC'ers like Fugger and I think Macci was there also along with a few others were pretty much just handed ATI cards not like their own personal cards or anything, they got to play with boards that were at the time not even seen by the public or anything like that....but yeah there was this dude who'd just sit there and volt mod these cards all day long, and like I said he was basically an ATI engineer, so what better person to do it eh?

Yeah, that would be the best possible person to do that.

It's not a waste of time, or pathetic, for someone who dosent know what they are doing to attend a convention like that. Hell, I would have mucho respect for that person if I was a heavy OCer there, because I would know that this person is seriously interested in learning.

so what better person to do it eh?

Eh? What are you talking aboot?

sorry, just had to bash your temporary turning Canadian. :p

nah it's temporary fonzy :p

it's hard to convey how I say it through text, but it's not quite canadian lol, anywho, I'd go just to see all the kick ass stuff because they also had displays of the up and coming 512mb card there, and like I said motherboards that weren't released or even out yet so all the pictures at the time had the mobos blurred out, see all the liquid nitrogen, try to win some graphic cards, would be fun as hell, I just meant I wouldn't be going to overclock.

Him said:
They have hackers conventions,

Wha? They do?.. This is not just a buncha script-kiddies (not necessarily real kids) coming together to talk about "how great" they are right?.. I am assuming these are conventions for "real" security people. The guys who come up with the exploits in the first place..

No, these are real legit competitions with the best hackers in the world. The last one I believe was in Las Vegas. They have competitions and all kinds of great stuff. A convention like this wouldnt allow script kiddies. I'm sure they would find a way to hack into NASA and find some space laser and fry the kiddies. :D I'll look for the article and post it when I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom