overclocked my p3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
My p3 e coppermine was running 400mhz stock and I have overclocked it up to 800mhz. Has anyone else been able to go any higher while being stable. I doubt anyone really uses p3's anymore but just wanting to know.

thats one **** of an overclock on a P3. watch you don't fry the chip if you need it...overclocking in those days was nowhere near as safe as today. Still thats quite an overclock...what are the temps?

wow.... thats amazing... back in its day P3 was an amazing overclocker... but really risky to do it with earlier processors... can u do CPU-Z, i'm pretty sure u got a katmai, but lets see it anyways!!

i did something like that a while back, it was a coppermine celeron (man was that thing a brick) it was 366 stock and i almost hit 700mhz with the help of multipliers, overvoltage, and massively raising the fsb. was pretty stable, but was hitting load temps of 50C+ which is alot for an older celeron.

on the otherhand, i have another coppermine chip in my xbox pc (sig) thats 933mhz, and have almost his 1.5 on that thing, but it cant get past the xp logo, but with the help of a little freind called clockgen by cpuid, I hit 1.6ghz. thats one thing i love about the p3 class, they can take one heck of a beating!

all thats left for me is my dads emachines E366i2, dont know if its even capable of overclocking, but man, if it can, im gonna make sure and fry that sucka, i hate that pc, its nothing but bad luck, if it was up to me id drop that mutha f***** into a volcano! its loud, hot, freakin virus magnet, eats psu's for lunch, and has gone thru every harddrive ive put in it! (except for my 20gb seagate thats in it now)

btw, how are you overclocking it? thru the bios, or using a utility, or a little of both?

That's a pretty decent overclock. Have you tried to go further?
He's tried to go further doing a little bit of tweaks, but he hasn't been able to yet.

Still thats quite an overclock...what are the temps?
The program I gave him (SpeedFan) isn't labeling the temps when the program runs for some reason, so he's not really too sure on how hot everything is xD.

btw, how are you overclocking it? thru the bios, or using a utility, or a little of both?
He's going through the BIOS.

BTW, I know all of this because I'm his personal friend, IRL =P.

it may not have heat sensors on the board. to be safe run the case open or you may get a nasty surprise one day. i was under the impression that coppermines didnt OC well. i have a p3 867mhz in an old dell tower, what do you guys think i can get out of it? i have 2 spare p3s laying around that i can pop in incase i fry this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom