Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
E6300
OCZ XTC GOLD PC2-7200
Scythe Infinity

The highes stable speed was 3080MHz so far (440FSB), but I had to lower the RAM speed. I also reached 445FSB (3115MHz) but it wasn't completely stable.

I am using 430FSB right now (3010MHz), which is very stable and allows me to run the mem at 430 (1:1), which is still below the mem's stock speed, but better than running 2:3 which is required to hit ~430+ FSB.

To get to 440+ I also had to set the northbridge (MCH) voltage to 1,85, which is the highest possible voltage in the BIOS.

Current stable settings:

Multi: 7x (default)
FSB: 430MHz (266 default)
CPU: 3010MHz (1862 default)

vCore: 1,465v (1,325 default)
Northbridge: 1,75v (1,50 default?)
Southbridge: Auto
FSB termination voltage: Auto

vDimm: 2,20v (2,10 default)
Hyperpath 3: disabled

Temps

Idle
CPU: 25C
Chipset: 36C

Load (Prime95)
CPU: 47-48C
Chipset: 36C

asusp5wdhdeluxee6300ft8.png

Thats an amazing clock for that CPU on air.....good job! I have heard that the P5W is a great board.
Of course, that nice ram helps. I cant wait to get my G.SKill ram. This corsair value ram is killing me on my opty's clock because i know i can hit 3.0ghz+ with it. 2.3ghz is as far as i can get with this crappy ram. I will hopefully be running a danger den loop though.

Nice clock. Which stepping is yours?

Similar to my daily clock but I scaled my memory up a bit...also I'm on water....

This corsair value ram is killing me on my opty's clock because i know i can hit 3.0ghz+ with it. 2.3ghz is as far as i can get with this crappy ram. I will hopefully be running a danger den loop though.

How is crappy ram holding you back when you can just change the FSB/RAM ratio to 5:4 or something to slow the ram down?

The Asus P5W DH Deluxe is very picky about the RAM. It thinks my RAM is PC2-5300. If you want high FSB and avoid memory problems, get another board. I can hardly get my RAM to run at DDR2-950, and only at low FSB speeds. The 4:5 divider is a pain and never works, only at very low FSB speeds. Even tried the max vdimm voltage of 2,40. Maybe my RAM is just bad. But others are having similar problems.
Asus P5W DH - Problems + Fixes Thread - XtremeSystems Forums

I already knew about these issues before I bought it, but I needed a board with 2 IDE ports.

At a certain FSB, it is very hard to manually adjust the timings (no post). Only SPD works.

This board is cool for CPU's with higher multipliers (E6600 etc.) because you won't be limited by the max FSB, for E6300 it's probably better to get a board with Intel 965 chipset if you want high overclocks.

My goal is to reach 450 FSB, but I don't like the idea of running the northbridge at its highest voltage. Despite the problems, I am still very satisfied with this board. The only thing that bothers me is the RAM (only at 430MHz instead of 450 stock). Not much I can do about it I guess. Tried voltages most people wouldn't even try, lol.

Nice clock. Which stepping is yours?

Similar to my daily clock but I scaled my memory up a bit...also I'm on water....

How is crappy ram holding you back when you can just change the FSB/RAM ratio to 5:4 or something to slow the ram down?

Stepping 6 I guess?

Nice clock man... I have to get a C2D soon.. If I were to overclock my CPU now it would burn up... Pentium D's run way to hot.

The Asus P5W DH Deluxe is very picky about the RAM. It thinks my RAM is PC2-5300. If you want high FSB and avoid memory problems, get another board. I can hardly get my RAM to run at DDR2-950, and only at low FSB speeds. The 4:5 divider is a pain and never works, only at very low FSB speeds. Even tried the max vdimm voltage of 2,40. Maybe my RAM is just bad. But others are having similar problems.
Asus P5W DH - Problems + Fixes Thread - XtremeSystems Forums

I was actually referring to the guy with the Opty and DFI board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom