Overclocked and lost FPS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI Tool is great. I love it to death. I tried to do the volt mod last night though with a staple and scotch tape = nothing.... :/ Where the helllll am I going to find a circuit writer pen grrr....

Pepsiboy700 said:
They got radioshacks in Maine?

Yup. :) Do you live in Maine?

BennyV04988: You tried to voltmod with scotch tape and a staple? o_O

That's just asking for disaster man.

im up at college, and idk where a radio shack is. I do live in maine.

And the staple idea seemed reasonable! haha. It didnt seem that hard, it just didnt go... I'm using my old am2 fan to cool my 7900GT, 53C idle already at 550, so i want to voltmod.

I dont want to hijack thoguh

Go to radioshack.com and look up conductive pen and then put your zip code in to see if a store near you has one. Then just mapquest it from where you are and volt mod the correct way to save you a couple hundred dollars just incase the staple and tape doesnt work.

that ATI TOOL sucked, or maybe im missing something. but i used it, tested for artifacts and didnt find any at stock. so then i did the find max core and that went up 620mhz and started showing all sorts of yellow dots but it kept saying no errors found and kept rasing my clock as more and more yellow specs showed. i had about 60% of the artifact area filled with yellow dots and no errors were found. thats pretty gay, then it crashed, started back up with the bad clock speed and took me 15 min while my computer was locking up becuase my gpu was bugging out to set it back to stock. so i didnt like ati tool lol.

If the core or memory was overclocked, it will do that. For example, my card comes pre-overclocked which atitool doesnt like so I have set the speeds to stock 7950 gt speeds. After that its ok. Core for me tops off at 700 and memory at 825.

but whats the point of having the artifact finder and it not being able to see a million artifacts lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom