Overclocked bro's laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
Been gone for a while been busy moving,

Stayed up all night and the thing that occupied me was realizing my brothers laptop chip set. Ati and remembering from the clock gen websites all plls for Ati chipsets are supported.So i scroll through all the 1514xxplls and on my last try 151462 worked. So i inched up a little at first eventually i got the 1.73 celeron to 1.8then 2.0 the 2.1 and so until i hit a barrier at 2.5 the fsb would not go further even though there was plenty or room left. There is some lock preventing me from going higher.Im am prime stable for 6 hours and the temp tops out at 55c which is 2c higher than before.So i saved setting at start up and the laptop runs at 2.5 once you log into windows clock gen dosent run it run in a goast state that only changes the clock it does not show up on the taskbar.

The laptop is brand new the only thing i told my brother to get a $20 512mb stick of ram from newegg to bring it to 1gig.
He bought the laptop for 480 with the stick of ram its $500 for an 80gig, cd/dvd burner 2.5 ghz cpu, 1 gig of ram and because the guys at the store we nice and gave my brother a toshibia image disc of vista home premium not basic. All for 500 not too bad.

cpu-z screen

thats what i think too now when i have some cash im grabing the exact same one since i can overclock it about the same.And since my brother has the Toshiba image discs i can gen home premium also.

They are alright cpus not for anything to performance intensive.The one it my bros comp is the 65nm yohna core its newer and can is quite responsive in vista even before the o/c.
I was thinking it over ill get a toshiba laptop so i can get vista premium from the image discs.But ill get a better cpu like a core duo or pentium d and it needs an ati chipset so i can overclock it.

ok, as my friend told me that celerons in desktop computers were not very good

they are usually not but through the years some that came out as celerons were p4 with half the cache so they preformed almost as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom