Overclocked 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot6600GT said:
DAMN! 600/1180!
I'm runnin at 540/1070.

Heh yeah I thought it was pretty high for air cooling. The temperature is good too, never goes above 55C.

Yeah, that is a pretty good OC. What is stock on the 6600GT? I have that card, and will be OCing it when I build my beast. Whats the temp on your card?

burned-ati said:
wow u guys are still stuck on the noob thing? u got to be kidding me. lol when people call each other noobs that has to be just retarded lol no ofense. but everybody has to start some where.. i mean come on now

Calling someone a n00b, if you are not a child, is not an insult. I use it all the time, it is just another way to shorten calling someone new to computers, or a certain aspect of them. Nubius was saying that a n00b should not try VMods. You know what? THEY SHOULDNT! Calling someone a n00b is just stating that they are new. Not that they are an idiot, not that they cant do anything, but that they are new. Anyone who calls some a n00b and trying to use it as an insult should be shot. Calling someone a n00b in hopes of insulting them is the stupidest thing I have ever heard or seen. I had a kid call me a n00b in hopes of insulting me, thats why he has numerous STD's and is dating a whore and I dont.

Him said:
Yeah, that is a pretty good OC. What is stock on the 6600GT? I have that card, and will be OCing it when I build my beast. Whats the temp on your card?

Stock it was 500/900, for the AGP version. With the stock cooler I got it to 540/1040, but the temperature was very high, in the low 90's.

Thats a pretty dam high OC, i cant go above the OC in my sig without seeing artifacting (stock cooling)

Volt mod's are not that complicated, solder something here and here and BAM
Breaking it down into text like that is simple...actually doing it is something altogether.....like most anything if you are careful you should be aright, but the chances of killing your card go up pretty drastically.

m3trj- nice overclock bud! Got mine up to 582 MHz/ 1.17 GHz. Same thing happened to me with not passing the test, the boys also explained how to do a Volt Mod on my card.....but i might as well rip my 6600gt and throw it on the street for oncominng cars to run it over. but if your still interested here's the thread with how to do the Volt Mod.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54643

yeah the penciling isn't the hard part it's going to test the voltage with your multimeter in the running machine with shakey hands that is :p

if you have really steady hands then you could probably do it, but your clock is good as it is so I wouldn't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom