Overclocked 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
Well I just got myself a Zalman VF700-Cu for my 6600GT. I have managed to push it to 600/1180. After 600 core speed, I see artifacts, but when I try to go past 1180 memory in RivaTuner it says the driver failed to pass internal test. Does this mean that there is no way to get past 1180, or is it just RivaTuner stopping me?

Also is this a good overclock for this card?

Thanks in advance.

there is a way to go past 1180...
To clarify...volt mods is the only way to do that...and it isn't for n00bs either....and no that's not an insult because when it comes to volt mods I'm a n00b myself

wow u guys are still stuck on the noob thing? u got to be kidding me. lol when people call each other noobs that has to be just retarded lol no ofense. but everybody has to start some where.. i mean come on now

wow u guys are still stuck on the noob thing? u got to be kidding me. lol when people call each other noobs that has to be just retarded lol no ofense. but everybody has to start some where.. i mean come on now
Did you even read the posts? I called no one a noob moron.......it's a simple fact that volt mods aren't for noobs aka someone new to hardware modifications :rolleyes:

don't be such a presumptious child before you post

Nubius said:
To clarify...volt mods is the only way to do that...and it isn't for n00bs either....and no that's not an insult because when it comes to volt mods I'm a n00b myself

OK thanks. I'm not gonna try anything like that, I'm quite happy with this overclock.

Definitely an improvement. On the CS Source stress test it was at eighty something FPS at stock settings and now it's 105 I think (not sure of the settings). In 3dmark05 I went from 3222 3dmarks to 3855.

Is this a good overclock? What's an average O/C for a 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom