Overclocked 6600gt - is this it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I've overclocked my XFX 6600gt to 582MHz / 1.17 GHz. When i try to go higher and test, it says the test can't be performed properly. SO is this it? No more overclocking for me? Or can i increase the voltage to O.C higher? Thanks in advance....:)

Nice OC! It is possible to add voltage but I'm sure it requires a hardware modification. I don't think it's too complicated though. Google it! Oh, you may want to upgrade your stock cooling to something better like an all copper heatsink or watercooling.

I've noticed a great improvement in gameplay actually, needless to say i'm very happy with it. I think this is where i'll stop O.C my 6600gt though, Hardware mod seems a little too much for my computer skills,lol. Yea, Korkwin i have a Zalman 700 alcu cooler on my 6600gt and i'm not concerned with my temps at all. anyways thanks guys for the advice.

That's basicly your limit

Powerstrip will probolly let you OC higher, but that's xtreme one shot overclocking

madwad, that's a good OC considering you aren't using ridiculous cooling methods and the fact you haven't done a voltage mod...which is the only thing that'd allow you to go any further.

attachment.php

Theres how you do it....you use a 10k variable resistor and solder each end to where it's pointing then using a multimeter, you check the voltages where it's pointed out.....

wouldn't particularly suggest it for you though unless you're feeling brave/drunk/insane :D

MADWAD said:
DJ-Chris, you have the same graphics card as me right? Whats your O.C?

I got up to something like 598 \ 1200

But I run it much much lower because the card was acting a bit weird, it was stable but didnt get enough voltage. I couldnt see a big enough score difference to warrant keeping it at those speeds

Right now it's 566 \ 1.13

Just thought of something......Would using a different forceware driver allow me to O.C higher? I'm currently using 76.41 beta......

OCing is card-dependant, not driver-dependant in any way

however, there are some drivers that perform better than others, so just take few popular ones that people use and test all of them(under the same conditions) and see what results you get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom