Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
i just got done building a new computer

amd athlon xp 1800+ t-bred

256mb pc2700 ram

80gb seagate barracuda 7,200 rpm

48x samsung cd-rw

ati radeon 7000 64mb ddr w/s-video and composite out (i don't do much gaming)

and an asus A7V8X-X mobo.

i have the processor overclocked to 2.2ghz right now and it's running at 42 C with only 2 case fans, one on the side blowing cold air in and one in the back taking it out.

attachment.php

:amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

wow impressive, thats the same as an xp2500 with FSB bumped to 200mhz..and you saved a buttload of money. i really like your case, looks sharp and cutting edge. it looks like you painted the bezel on your cd/dvd-rom silver to match the case.

what is the make/ model of your HSF and the case (i want one)?

and is the noise levels high or whisper quiet?

oh and btw, i know what the "ati radeon 7000 64mb ddr w/s-video and composite out (i don't do much gaming)" is for, but shhhh.... i won't tell anyone :p :p :p :eek:

the case is a dynapower. i'll give you a link. and yes, lol, i painted my cd-rw/dvd drive. lol, it was white and looked like crap so i took the face plate off of it and found some silver metallic paint. i need to paint it again cause it looks kinda shitty, but i'll do it later. i'm tired of taking the case apart. the case was only 25 bucks and came with a 350 watt power supply. i have a fan on the side of the case that blows directly on the mobo and processor and another fan in teh back blowing the air out of the case. i toned my processor back down to 1.53ghz cause i didn't really need the extra 700mhz. besides, now it's running at 35 C. here is link to case http://www.dynapowerusa.com/html/productinfo/atx_metis/metis.shtml i bought mine from newegg lol, yes, the video card is mainly because i am on a budget but i honestly don't do much gaming. for christmas i am planning on buying myself a radeon 9600 pro and a stick of 512mb pc3200 ram.

edit- i forgot to mention that the HSF is retail ;) it's a pretty decent set for retail, i was impressed

Hey bandage_boy i also have a AMD XP 1800+ with a gigabyte kt600 Mobo...

But its clocked to 2Ghz...but CPU temp is 52c... is the mother board lying or is this true.~ added 1 case fan.

but still the same temp..

did you put any thermal paste on your cpu during install.??

bleed_inc said:
Hey bandage_boy i also have a AMD XP 1800+ with a gigabyte kt600 Mobo...

But its clocked to 2Ghz...but CPU temp is 52c... is the mother board lying or is this true.~ added 1 case fan.

but still the same temp..

did you put any thermal paste on your cpu during install.??

Just as a rule you should always put the thermal paste on.

Also, your cpu temp may be staying constant because your case is small and/or has airflow problems.

actually bleed_inc i think 52C is normal because on my kt400 mobo i was getting 50-55C. i think probably the VAI KTxx chipsets run warmer than the others.

but yeah, i would agree if you have a thermal pad use something other than metal to scrape it off and use paste. metal will leave scratch marks. when i switched from pad to paste on my nforce2 mobo i got a 20C decrese in temps, major diff!!

i have a via chipset, i dunno which one. but my processer usually stays under 50 C when i'm doing regular stuff and every now and then when i do game or do some heavy photoshop stuff it will heat up to about 52. i only have 2 case fans

ekÆsine said:
actually bleed_inc i think 52C is normal because on my kt400 mobo i was getting 50-55C. i think probably the VAI KTxx chipsets run warmer than the others.

but yeah, i would agree if you have a thermal pad use something other than metal to scrape it off and use paste. metal will leave scratch marks. when i switched from pad to paste on my nforce2 mobo i got a 20C decrese in temps, major diff!!

yeah, thermal paste is excellent at sapping heat away from the proc and onto the heat sink to be wisked away by the fan assembly. Its kind of messy if you have no idea what youre doing, but for an advanced user like yourself, it does wonders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom