Overclockage Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Starting to overclock now that I finally can. This is the first big step. Going to do some more tonight once I run prime for a bit.

02-02-2009_1.jpg

Runs around 40-43C at full load.

Baez, what kind of cooling are you running? Air? i wouldn't do more than 4.5ghz on air. And even then I wouldn't run it like that for long. But that's just me.

I finally found an OC walk thru vod on Utube and juiced up my Phenom 9950.. Gonna get a PII 940 so I can go more.. -THis is my first OC and it's running fine.. 3.210G; 16.00x @ 1.4500.

It gets addictive! Nice clock for the Vcore! Mine's running about 47*c w a couple things open.. Once i get my Liquid cooling set up on the PII I'm gonna push it hard.

Baez, what kind of cooling are you running? Air? i wouldn't do more than 4.5ghz on air. And even then I wouldn't run it like that for long. But that's just me.

Well as rican already said I'm on water :). The temps have been the same the whole time. Maybe risen 2C at full load from stock so I'm fine. It's an Apogee GT with MX-2.

Didn't have anymore time last night to OC but I'm back at 6 tonight so I'll aim for 5GHz :D.

I would beg to differ. When I was pushing my e7200 I was getting in the high 40's idle at 4ghz. When I hit load it was a different story. But once I get a bigger case and improve air flow (I need a new case pretty bad) then I bet I can improve temps even better.

Since you have water Baez you should definitely go for more. 4.5ghz isn't unreachable.

Im not talking about idle temps, im talking about load.

If you wanna talk about idle, right now at 3.6ghz with 1.375v im only at 36C.

low 40's on load with air isnt feasable unless your house is a fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom