Overclock question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEagle20

Baseband Member
I have an overclocking question that I couldnt find answered in any of the stickys.. or with a halfway decent amount of research... If you only overclock enough to where you do not increase the voltage are you going to see an increase in your temperatures? Thanks in advance.

Yes and no.

It is true that increasing the voltage is the factor which substancially raises temperatures due to increased resistance, however increasing clockspeed will still raise the operating temperature.

So, you are still going to see an increase in temperatures if you raise the clockspeed regardless of voltage increase, but it will be minimal

Another question if I may, I open up cpu-z and my ram freq is at 167MHz does that seem low to you?

DDR RAM = Double Data Rate so 166mhz = 333mhz. In your sig it says you have DDR400, if so, you need to go into the bios and fix it by upping the fsb to 200.

i see... damn this MSI board and the ram slot issues. You know anything about the MSI k8n Neo4 problem with the ram not hitting 400MHz when running 1gb dual channel?

Ok back, Im not sure what my problem is.. says memory clock index value is at 200MHz but can be set up to 250MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom