overclock not going so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
pc has been running decent for a while at 2.9. Now my 2.6ghz fx60 wont OC at all now. I changed the multplier from 13 to 13.5 to go up 100mhz and it wont even post. I slowly upped the voltage from its stock 1.36 all the way up to 1.5 and it still will not OC. I am sticking to a 200mhz fsb right now until i figure it out.

Just cant figure it out, iv seen other fx 60s and 57s on here and around town easily hit 3ghz with a watercooling system like mine. The temp on the the cpu never goes above 31*C.. approx 95*F. So the temps are good, but hmm, i dunno lol.

the mem is corsair xms 2.5-3-3-6, but that dont really matter because im not adjusting the fsb..

Same with the graphics cards lol,, the temps of them never go above 40*C full load. I can jack the mem and cpu voltages on them way up, and i cant seem to go higher than a 100mhz oc, sucks lol.

I guess im just not a skilled OCer lol.

tsk tsk. too much money my padawan. one thing you learn when you're roughing it is that athlon64's don't like 0.5 multipliers. give it another shot. speaking of "with a watercooling system like mine", what is a watercooling system like yours? another thing is that DFI boards don't really co-operate too well with Corsair. for the record......no AMD processor has ever "easily" hit 3ghz. what you want to do is run memtest at stock speed for perhaps a good 3-8 hours+ to try and rule out memory instability. if that fails stick on the highest memory divider you have, something like 1:2 and see how it goes from there. i'm not sure how well the crossfire based lanparty's overclock, to be honest i doubt they could touch the NF4.

what were your most recent upgrades and how long ago were they?

i had an fx 60,,,, i changed over to a dual opteron board with 2 opteron 280s,,, dual 7900gtx's..... Sold that because the board was pretty much not overclockable, from what i was seeing and reading. So i sold it, went back to the fx 60 and decided to try crossfire. So i should maybe try a different brand of memory?

I think my wc setup is decent. Decent as can be without going for extreme cooling. I bought some peltiers, insulation and a meanwell psu, but decided not to do it.
I have 2 3x120mm fan radiators stacked. Temps seem to be great so far.

i know that faster memory,, like pc4800 just has more relaxed timings,,, so would buying memory like that really even help when it comes to ocing the fsb? I figure you could take 3200 and just relax the timings and it would function at way higher speeds

wait, arnt u the same guy who had like 7 posts right after another....yeah u are, the rich guy. no wonder ur parts are so expensive. how much research did u do before buying ur parts? the most common argument non dfi pushers have is that they arent compatible with corsair, now im not insulting ur intelligence or anything, just saying. that is a nice rig though man. anywayz.....yeah....dont increase multipliers by .5 lol. nitestick should be the man to help u throughout this problem, he is a very smart man in my eyes, for overclocking, my first picks would be nitestick and gaara, no offense to any1 else, its just that i havent seen anyone elses knowledge match theirs.

My DFI board & OCZ memory work well together and overclock decent. Wish I could afford a 60 to push things further. With your speck's and some better ram you'd be fly'in. The DFI forums have numerous OC threads to help ya along. The guy's there are no nonsence, but lead you on the strait and narrow...

john3 said:
. nitestick should be the man to help u throughout this problem, he is a very smart man in my eyes, for overclocking, my first picks would be nitestick and gaara, no offense to any1 else, its just that i havent seen anyone elses knowledge match theirs.

Pfft what about me! :p

Im at 2.9 right now so yeaahhh still testing ****...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom