Overclock my Cable Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
Someone teach me how to overclock my cable internet!!!
And help me with somethin that really OVERCLOCKS It, not like 1kb faster!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

i have a program that u only use once, and ive used the extreme settings for it, and it lowerd my CS ping by 10, i guess thats good but its not enough!

anyways theres a customize section but i dont know much about the network card stuff so i dont wnana mess with it =/

<<<<<<<<<Agrees with ADZ, don't know of a way, but think it would be interesting to finds out.

Unless you work for your ISP, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do. Cable is a WAN connection, and therefore it shares a whole connection with every one of your neighbors that has a cable modem. Your speed is only based on how many people in your neighborhood are online at that one time. Plus, your cable moment should be fast enough to handle anything. If cable is too slow, grab [another] job and buy a T1 line.

Im using DSL...stupid Telus. Can that be 'modded' in any way, shape or form?

on average i download like 30kb and upload at like 40kb

inless im downloading off a insane connection like the microsoft website, does that seem right?

i thought speed for cable suppose to be well over 100 =(

It is, but the the site you download from also have a limited bandwidth. So unless you are the only one downloading at the time, it get slower the more poeple are downloading. Iknow I hate this as well. My connection says i have a 100mbs available, but usually only get between 30 and 70 kbs. cheers.

spfd said:
on average i download like 30kb and upload at like 40kb

inless im downloading off a insane connection like the microsoft website, does that seem right?

i thought speed for cable suppose to be well over 100 =(

it also depends on the quality of your ISP and the speed rating they give you. Like computers, no two connections are equal.

i have 512/256 dsl, it's not the fastest. but it's constand. no matter what i download at 64kb/s all the time, so that makes me happy. i know that it's not going to go down or go up, and so whatever time the download says it'll be done
that's when it will be done.

now, go play with something or download something, and put a smile on your face. or pay 5 grand amonth for t3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom