Overclock a E5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
if i was to try and OC my future cpu, Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz, how far roughly would i be able to push it on stock cooling?

Stock cooling would be heavily dependent on your case and ambient temps so it's hard to say for sure. You could most likely get to 3ghz on the stock cooler though. Just be sure that it doesn't get much hotter than 60c at full load.

ok thanks :) now for a noobish question.. i dont need high end ram for a cpu oc do i ?

The e5200 has a low fsb and high multiplier so ram shouldn't influence you overcloking ability much. Any DDR2 800 cas 4 ram should be fine.

Depends on your definition of "high end". I got these for 45 bucks: Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

It's 50 bucks right now, but it's still great. Some of the best overclocking RAM on the market.

You aren't going to get RAM a lot cheaper than that. You could save 10 bucks and get a lesser pair, but RAM is so cheap, you may as well get the good stuff.

ok thanks i ment like.. 100$+ but thats around the same price i was spending, it was 45$ plus tax and Canadian, so it works out to be around the same :p im hopping to do this fairly soon (within april) and now that i have all the suggestions i need ( i think) im gunna go with the intel setup i have over in building general pc's if anyone thinks they can tweak that for the better then do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom