OverClock Checking Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I had my first overclocking experience with my brand new Pentium 75 back then in the days when this was considered a fast cpu. A friend of mine actually introduced me to it to and we managed to make the computer a little bit faster that way. After that I never looked back and never tried to overclock again, rumors of reduced component life time and instablity kept me away. I also had no need to overclock the PC just to get a few percent in speed, figured it was not worth it.
Overclocking has changed over time though and it seems that the change is drastic when you look at video cards for instance. You can buy overclocked video cards right from the manufacturer and even the standard tools from Nvidia and Ati make it possible to overclock the GPU.
It's only natural that the overclocking scene created tools to check if the changes were causing any instabilities on their system and that's where OverClock Checking Tool [OCCT, via Neowin] comes into play. The startup window is displaying all kinds of information about your computer that are relevant to overclockers, e.g. voltages or cpu and bus clock settings.
overclock_checking_tool.jpg

The main purpose of OCCT is to check the two core components CPU and RAM with the option to check one or both of the components. The default test lasts for an hour but there is the possibility to raise that to two hours or let it run until you hit the OFF button.
overclocking_test.jpg

Results are saved as graphs in graphics which is great because you will have access to them even if you close the tool.

OverClock Checking Tool

*update* O.M.G, after using this tool its the best overclocking tool I've ever come across. Clean interface, shows the temps and voltage of everything while its stress testing. Then afterwards it generates a graph for the voltage and heat used/generated. Its almost perfect IMO.

I have a q6600 and I am using it right now. All four cores are at 100%. So I guess it works on quad cores. I am overclocked at 2.9 and my highest temp so far is 55 and the lowest is 46.

it reads my temps a little wrong, but then again, so does everything else. and shows my default clock speed as 5000 mhz. lol.
otherwise a nifty tool.
where are the graphs?

it keep quacking and complaining of an error, and my Vcore graph seems to be a bit weird (it seems to be a funny wavy line that starts to go down) but it wont tell me what the error is...)

ive run 4hrs of stress testing on orthos with no errors at the same clock speed (4.08Ghz) so what makes this detect an error while orthos didnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom