Overclock AMD 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, actually it quite happily sits at 50-60 degrees at full load!

Need to increase DDR voltage! The processor seems to be fine, ive dropped back on the voltage, and im now trying to get my RAM quicker!

I have found out the way to do this best, if i increase the DDR voltage, there is no need to increase core that much! Now i'm achieveing 37s in superpi while at full load hitting 47.

But the sodding thing even with a HUGE divider on will not budge past 238FSB and considering reggie_da_man is running at 2.6v and happily hitting 34s in SuperPi, and hes using the same RAM as me. I know that processor goes further, and I worked it out, the max i ever hit at 1.7v was 48 degrees, which is pretty hot for me! Anyhu im HOPEFULLY going to get an X2 3800+/4200+ with a new mobo (AGP :() And then I can get sub 34s pies! :p

Ruan

RGELLIS said:
But the sodding thing even with a HUGE divider on will not budge past 238FSB and considering reggie_da_man is running at 2.6v and happily hitting 34s in SuperPi, and hes using the same RAM as me. I know that processor goes further, and I worked it out, the max i ever hit at 1.7v was 48 degrees, which is pretty hot for me! Anyhu im HOPEFULLY going to get an X2 3800+/4200+ with a new mobo (AGP :() And then I can get sub 34s pies! :p

Ruan

2.6V? Must be a sensor error. I don't think motherboards even have voltage settings that high. His computer would be doubling as a space heater if it was this high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom