Overclcocking an nVidia FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
OK, the situation is that I want to OC my nVidia FX 5200 (256MB) if at all possible. The last card I did this to is now fried anddont want to screw up for a second time. I have already activated CoolBits in my registry and I'm all ready to OC my video card! I've posted a screenshot below with my current settings. I would appreciate it if any one could tell me a safe speed to OC mine to. I would like to also add that I DO have a fan on my GPU heatsink. Thanks in advance.

-Dan The Man

nvidiaoc.jpg

i apologize if this doesnt help much however i have a 5200 ultra, it is stock at 325/650 and i have it jacked up to 360/703 with no problem... however ive never tested to see what benefit it gives me. ill check this out and also see how high i can get mine to run.

try putting it on performance 3d and auto detecting the frequencies. it shouldnt hurt it really. plus i would go out and buy a vga cooler for it, but like i said earlier 5200's dont oc very well.

This 5200 was purchased in the summer. But why a VGA cooler? I already am using a fan and heatsink.

-Dan The Man

did you just buy a fan and put it on the stock heatsink? if you did then there really isnt any sense to it unless you mounted an 80mm fan to it(and if you did let me see!!!) it would be better just to buy a copper vga cooler cause the cooling is more sufficient and it would dampen the risk of frying your card while oc'ing because if you go to high then there wont be much heat.

OK. This is a small fan, not 80mm. But one question, when I do buy this VGA cooler and OC my card, when will I know when to stop?

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom