over-overclocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerch

Solid State Member
Hi all. Im some what new to overclocking, but I decited to give it a try. I have a Core Center intalled and I did a "auto test" and it bumped my cpu from 2000MHz to 2150MHz. The system was stable. I could run apps. But then I tried playing Battlefield, I was playing for about 10 minutes then all of the building and guns disaper :p I can still move around, but I have no idea what direction Im pointing in or were Im going. I quite the program. Windows was just fine. So I reset my CPU to 2000MHz, re opened battlefield and the problem went away o_O

Is this a fimilliar problem?

what kind of cooling do u have? heat effects the perfomance...but i dont know about video rendering. did u lock ur agp/pci busses or do u have pci-express? if so did u lock the pci-express/pci busses?

well no crap; overclocking in windows is BAD, you have no knowledge of overclocking at all so i suggest you not try it at all until you do

second, you should overclock in BIOS (that blue screen thingy; you hold down delete to enter it during start up)

third, BF was screwing up because :

1.) you need more voltage to the CPU (the cpu needs more voltage to OC)
2.) the ram needs more voltage (assuming you have generic//value ram which you probably do, they can't take the extra fsb frquencies [200---> 215 is a big jump] with stock 2.6V [sometimes 2.5] voltages; they need to be bumped up and tested with memtest86+ and you should prime to test if the CPU//mem is stable as well)

either:

1.) CPU was overheating (check bios//speedfan//MBM5 to see your temps; under 55C is usually OK)
2.) you have crappy ram (crap ram can't overclock)

I do have basic knowledge of overclocking, so I tryed it. At least I didnt fry something ;)

I very well know what a BIOS is and how to enter it ;) ;)

Maybe it was a overheating problem. I dont have some extream cooling for my CPU. Ill have to check into something more crazy

I do have a lot more to learn about overclocking, but you learn from exspierance :p

yup, you sure do learn from experience

but you should learn about OCing from the bios (not basic knowledge..maybe a little more?) like the voltages, testing your hardware to make sure it's stable, checking your temps, etc. before you do it

Ya, thanks for the advice.

BTW: this is totally off topic. Did you make your sig? Or is there a generator? Because Im seeing a lot of sigs like it

you gotta make the sig yourself (i.e. photoshop or whatever)

just google up a image you like (the backgound image on my sig isn't made by me) and just add text to it

but i can't tell you how to do that cuz someone else made my sig for me :D

Cool, thanks

I think I have photoshop 5 o_O lol :p Ill have to play around with it

Diablo supplied me the background image and I added the text, his title diablo and his case....blending is essential in photoshop.....I really didn't do much to his sig at all in all honesty.....like I said just the text that says his specs, the name diablo including the glow and horns on it, and adding the pic of his case, but I had to of course make it all blend well together.

Same with my sig....it's multiple pics....about 4 or 5 I believe from the opening them of samurai champloo...using screenshots I just shrunk em down and blended the pictures to make it a seemless pic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom