Over-clocking Moron>>>>>Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Okee Dokee. I'm a quake/dmc Junky. Just bought a Nvidia 6800 gt and now I run around like a chicken with no head!!!! Truly amazing change. Now, this game seems to be limited to 100fps max. So, is over-clocking this card helpful? I do not want to kill the warrenty unless there is some profound value in overclooking the GPU? So educate me!!

I think, therefore I am. i.e., essense preceeds existence.

To do is to be.....Utilitariansim. JS Mill
To be is to do.......I Kant..Absolutism
Dobe dobe doo! Frank Sintra...just do da broad and be happy!

Thanks for the info!

oh no not just 100FPS.....not like you can perceive anything above 40FPS or so anyway dude...so whats the difference between 80 or 100FPS muchless higher.......the only time it's really useful in OC'ing your graphics card is higher benchmark results or if you got a game like doom3 where you want to run the absolute highest settings and it sometimes dips to like 25FPS you can OC it to and beyond Ultra specs so it bumps it up to a smooth 40FPS

Thanks...so FPS only has to do with viewer perception and not actual "game speed"? That is my underlying question. I assumed, that the higher the FPS the closer you are to the non-multiplayer, single player modes you achieve playing against bots. So, I suppose, the vedict is that FPS is only a Viewer relative issue and has nothing to do wiht on-line game speed?

FPS is what your computer generates. has nothing to do with your ping (time it takes signal from your comp to server). either one being low will suck up mp game play

Nubius said:
oh no not just 100FPS.....not like you can perceive anything above 40FPS or so anyway dude...

50 :snob:

Anyways, at 100 FPS your probolly CPU limited, not graphics.

CPU is a 3.0gHz Prescott running on an intel D865PERL @ 800fsb, 1.5gb of DDR 400 mem. Hard to imagine this cpu limiting my fps....but then, I plead ignorance!

not going through this again Chris........human eyes = 40.....you aren't an uber nerd......give it up already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom