over clocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
hey guys, this is my first time trying to overclock any thing othere than a gpu. How do you over clock a Q6600, is it safe to oc it to 3 ghz. Im getting the artic cooling freezer 7.

Im kinda new here too OCing too but i clocked my 4000+ x2 to 2.9ghz so im sure your quad can handle 3ghz no issue.

hey guys, this is my first time trying to overclock any thing othere than a gpu. How do you over clock a Q6600, is it safe to oc it to 3 ghz. Im getting the artic cooling freezer 7.

You have to be more specific than that...

What is:
Revision and Stepping of the CPU
Power supply
RAM
Motherboard
CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
Room temparture

After installation of windows, my Abit IX38 Quad GT motherboard allowed me to boot right away at 3.6 Ghz.
I am still adjusting voltages for SMP Stability though..
Course I also used MX-2 thermal paste after Lapping my proc..

Heres A guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide

im not sure what you mean by rivision and steping of the cpu,
ultrax2 550watt psu
2gb ddr2 crucial ballistix 1066mhz
Asusp5k socket lga775 intel p35 ich9 chipset mobo
artic cooling freezer 7
i havn't decided yet ( what do you recomend)
around 18c to 23c

if your woundering i havn't bought this sytem yet i just want to know how to oc it when i get it.

don't double post.. edit your post and type in there...

CPUID

CPU-Z is Identification Program, it'll tell us what we need to know since you don't

that sounded quite offensive w/e. like i said, i havn't bought this system yet so that would tell you nothing. I guess i'll wait untill i buy the system then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom