Options for lowering GPU temps please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title please guys, i was going to buy a new case with really good cooling but decided as my pc is under the desk and i hardly ever see it there was no point getting an expensive case so what are my options?

Can you give me links etc, but uk sites only please(Ebuyer, scan, microdirect, dabs etc) but preferably Ebuyer if you can find anything on there :D

You can still get a case with great airflow, or maybe some extra / better fans. Because your case airflow could possibly do a much greater deal to your card temperature than a VGA cooler. If your case runs steaming hot to start with, there's no fresh air to run through your card no matter what cooler you put on it.

Having said that, the VF900 is the best cooler indeed.

Thanks for the info guys.

Phrantic you have a point there, for example with the side of my case on the gpu sits at 59-60 idle and when i remove the one side of the case it drops to 53, now is just me or is that a huge amount? and does that also suggest its just my case that needs better cooling? if it was my gpu then the temp wouldnt drop so much with the case side off would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom