Optical Drive Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Now I'm looking at this. My two drives: A DVD-ROM drive and a CDRW Drive. I have already been instructed to make the DVD rom drive the master and the cdrw the slave. I got an IDE cable with my motherboard package. However it states ATA 100 etc on the cable. Is this strictly for hard drives or can I use my optical drives on this cable?

~ronin~

Normal Operating Temps on my System

Just wanted to know a temp guideline for my system that I am building. I have an AMD Athlon Socket 939 3200+ and was wondering what was a safe (normal) operating temp. Also wanted to know what was a bit warm but ok and what is on the verge of dangerous and then meltdown. Just curious on the answer. Thanks guys.

~ronin~

Two more things while I'm thinking about it...

1.) I noticed pins on the back of my optical drives for digital audio. I'm assuming these hoo up to my board. Where can I find these cables at?

2.) What can I use to tie some of these cables in my system together? Any source or suggestions?

Yeah go ahead and use your "ATA-100" cable for CD-ROM drives

The differences barely exist, as their is a lack of a notch on a "CD-ROM cable". However almost any CD drive plugs into ata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom