Opteron 148 Ceiling @ 2.7ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czGLoRy

Solid State Member
I have opteron 148 and I cannot get it above 2.7 ghz, windows just wont boot. Even if I raise my cpu vid control up to 1.575 it still wont boot any higher. I am very new to OCing, but I know people have gotten over 3ghz with proc.

Does anyone know why its not going any higheR? Btw it is stable right now, I just ran prime95 no errors or anything.

i found my ceiling at 2.93/2.94 and i'm on an opty 146.. it may be your stepping or you need to up your voltage.. i've taken mine up to 1.6 for 2.93/2.94 ghz.... or maybe it could be your ram at that point.. try upping the voltage on that as well.. that helped me reach my speed

im not comfortable upping ram voltages just yet... but I did raise my cpu vid control voltage up and i still couldnt raise it 1mhz. I have a pretty good case, decent wiring and two extra high power fans installed into the case. Im thinking my ram might be it but not comfortable touching that yet.

(cpu-z)
Voltage 1.392
Core speed: 2684.6 mhz
multiplier: x11
HTT: 244.1 mhz

I lowered voltage back down after it wasnt helping me any.

Run your ram on a divider. There's also nothing wrong with pumping some extra voltage through both the CPU and RAM. The ram should be able to handle 2.8-2.85V with no problem. You can pump up to 1.55V through the CPU aswell.

No processor will overclock the same, as the tolerances in processors cannot be that fine, as it would become very expensive to produce! But yes, up your CPU voltage, that should push it further, although my first port of call would be a div on the RAM, but you will need to crank up the processor to get the same speeds on the RAM again.

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom