Opinions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit city currently has their EIDE (basically ultraATA 100) 80 Gig hard drives for 20 dollars with mail in rebate. Free shipping. Buy two of these, and you got 160 gigs for 40 bucks. Best buy also has a 250GIG hard drive for 70 bucks after mail in rebate.

Also, get the 90 dollar OCZ premier or the 99 dollar gskill value ram. At 2.9 volts, ocz premier can do 240 fsb 2.5-3-3-6. Gskill can do 250 at similar timings.

Finally, get the 128 MB(32 on board) 64 bit 6200. It outperforms the 64 mb one. There was an article on ANANDTECH that revealed this.

This is my opinion:::

"Definately" more PSU than 420 regardless of your system
"TODAY", you will upgrade even more later-500 minimum.

I like the Antec "TRUE" line for a reasonbly priced high-end
PSU.

I would not recommend that 6200, spring for a 6600 if possible. I believe you will be much happier.

yes and no, the 6200 shouldn't be underestimated, they can overclock to run faster than the 6600 (not GT) just make sure you get the non TC model. non TC is really a 6600 core with 4 pipes disabled. TC has its own 6200 core, with only 4 pipes, so none to unlock.

also, dont buy a chaintech motherboard, in my experience and from what i have heard, most chaintech stuff is fairly crappy, go for an MSI, DFI or dare i say it -Asus- motherboard.

that PSU is fine. to say "over 420W regardless of system" is just stupid.

Raekwon said:
yes and no, the 6200 shouldn't be underestimated, they can overclock to run faster than the 6600 (not GT) just make sure you get the non TC model. non TC is really a 6600 core with 4 pipes disabled. TC has its own 6200 core, with only 4 pipes, so none to unlock.

also, dont buy a chaintech motherboard, in my experience and from what i have heard, most chaintech stuff is fairly crappy, go for an MSI, DFI or dare i say it -Asus- motherboard.

that PSU is fine. to say "over 420W regardless of system" is just stupid.
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Just what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom