Opening up a CD-ROM Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
Alright I am in the need for a small CD-ROM Drive, depth wise. From the dimensions I see most are around 7 inches or so depth(I am looking for maybe around 6). If I opened up a CD-ROM drive and took off the case would I loose some inches? I have personally never opened up a CD-ROM bay so I am not sure how much extra space they inside of them. If anyone has any idea, I don't have a spare one to hack open thats why I am asking around first. Or if anyone knows of small compact CD-ROM bays or am I just out luck?

Why do you need a slim your CD Rom Drive.

About the only thing that you can do is remove the front panel, and that is going to give you a 5mm extra space at best. It will not make a difference.

If space is an issue, then i suggest you shop around on a new CD ROM with a lot less depth.

I am working on a new project. Project Oblivion was finished, although i have yet to post it up yet. I am working on a media PC with a LCD mounted in the side of the case, and if possible i want to move the CD-ROM bay so it opens up on the side of the case, but that would require a smaller CD-ROM depth if I use a standard mid-tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom