open case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flegma3124

Solid State Member
my computer case is open from one side, is that enough to keep my CPU cool if i want to overclock it a bit, it has a stocked HS and fan. It a P4 2.4 GHz and i wanna OC it to like 2.8 . POSSIBLE??

don't know much about pentiums and how much heat they produce muchless when overclocking. I hear they produce less heat than AMD's though. But yeah I wouldnt particularly want to start overclocking with just a stock heatsink and fan muchless with no other case fans. If you want to do that ATLEAST get a little house fan and point it inside your case.

I heard somewhere that Intel processors avtually produce more heat than AMD :confused: , who knows?

What do u mean that u have ur case open on one side? Do u mean that whole side is gone so u can stick ur hand inside?

mmmmmm, not a good idea then, 'cause dirt, dust, grime, and other junk can just flow right on in, set down on the mobo,pci cards, grafix card, and cause problems.

yea that what i meant, whole side panel is gone, im gonna buy new parts anyways so im good. i just wanna noe if i should send my CPU to hell with this overclocking, never tried it b4.

here's my opinion:

*get some more fans.
*buy a better cpu fan if the one u r using now is stock.

I've never oc'd before, but that's probably what i'd do.

The worst thing you can do for airflow is taking the side off your pc. If you add enough fans and have the proper airflow it should do the trick. Its not a good idea to ever have your case open. That prevents it from doing its job. I suggest you buy a couple of fans and keep the case shut.

there's always the option of water-cooling if you wanna raise hell in your case my ocing. if you can aford it that would be great! they have cases you can buy specialy made for wcing...just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom