Only 4528 06 3D Marks? CPU test horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbecker

Solid State Member
So I just recently upgraded (x1900xtx ati, amd 64 4400+ x2 proc, asus a8n-32 sli deluxe, and my old 512x2 corsair 2700 RAM) and I just ran 3dmark06 with a freshly installed and upgrade version of windows xp, with catalysist and mobo drivers all installed and I only get and the CPU tests were absolutly horrible! I don't think I saw the FPS go above 0!!! Is this how it is supposed to be? The graphics tests were fine, somewhere in between 20-30 fps.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me there thinking about this, and maybe how to make it run better! (could the RAM be the problem?)

Heres my scores in depth:
4528 Marks
SM2.0 Score: 2165
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 2330
CPU Score: 862

I averaged 16.6 in proxycon, 19.4 in firefly forest, 22.76 in canyon flight, 23.8 in deep freeze, and GET THIS 0.27 in redvalley1, and 0.44 in redvalley2.

Thanks for your help guys!

Yup you need to upgrade to PC3200 to bring that CPU score. Should be in the 1500's

Everyone get's only 0-2 fps on the CPU test

Alright guys well ****! I got home and did the AMD.com forums update (posted above) did the hotfix, etc. Even device manager says there's two processors. I also updated my catalysist drivers to the newest one from the ones that came on the CD. And low an behold only my graphics scores went up:

Here are the old ones:
4528 Marks
SM2.0 Score: 2165
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 2330
CPU Score: 862

Here are the ones I just got:
4780 3DMarks
SM2.0 Score: 2290
SM3.0/HDR: 2581
CPU Score: 862 !!!! EXACTLY THE SAME

Very weird.. what could have happened? OH and BTW Before I updated the processors I didn't know if it really needed it or not, I never checked.

Funny, but I just tried 1gig of my friends OCZ 3200 RAM (one stick) and it was actually lower (and the one I was using before is only 1gig too (two sticks))

4758 marks
and only 857 cpu score (and the graphics one are alittle lower) so what should I do?

You need to install the AMD multicore drivers for XP as well as the hotfix + registry edit

gaara said:
You need to install the AMD multicore drivers for XP as well as the hotfix + registry edit
whats that all about? i dunno anything about that. my XP sees both cores, do i need to install hotfix and edit registry?? i think ive installed AMD dual-core patch. can u show me how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom