Only 3% OC'ed and already I cant boot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought Prime 95 only ran the torture test for your memory, not your CPU?

nagasama said:
yah, no doubt thank sweet jeez for the cmos jumper...
the first time i went to like 2.9 with no voltage increase (because i was stupid) my computer was like, "uh-uh". no response w/ power switch or anything. unplug, switch jumper pins, switch back, plug in, turn on, thank you god.
the people that have the conroes seem to love them, though. i have heard about the p4 trouble, but i tthink they got that stuff worked out, and everyone (almost) that have the new c2d likes them a lot.
but i love my slow ol' 4200 just as much. heh heh.

yea i mean, if you think about it. technically, even 3000+ really aren't slow. it's just technology demands so much these days that by the time you get the c2d something new is out that blows it out of the water etc. IMO its gets kinda absurd in a way. theres no way to keep up with the technology these days. i mean, my friend got an fx-60 went it first came out and o/ced it to the max and stuff. and he still wasn't satisfied with it. i don't know where I'm getting at with this! HAHA

KNiGHTMaRe89 said:
prime95 tests the cpu. i think your thinking of memtest86.

roger that.
there are settings that you can tweak in prime95 that allow you to use more or less of your memory during the test, though. mainly used for cpu stability...but it will tell you if your memory is flaky real fast, too.
knightmare who knows what you're getting at bro except that nothing is ever the best for long...:mad:

Gigabyte boards are usually bad overclockers, super stable but not overclocking friendly. Whats the stepping you got on that cpu? You probably got a bad week or something, i think week 30 is the best :) good luck

gmanych said:
Yes I had a simalar experience with a friends P4 3.0Ghz. I over clocked it to 3.09 Ghz and the HDD didnt boot. i had no idea and still dont

Can anyone read PCI lock not enabled? :p I am willing to bet that is why your (SATA) hard drive has become corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom