Once again.. and for sure this time... WATERCOOLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, i was planning on using an anti-freeze, water alone kinda sucks... lol

i still got alot to learn here... so its a good thing i got about 3 weeks until i buy

cwiz said:
using a car radiator for cooling a computer should be the definition of overkill :rolleyes: you dont have 8 cylenders exploding with gasoline here
the pressure drop across it must be enormous...

It's a freaking heater core that we are talking about.

heatercore.jpg

Doe's that look like a main rad to you?? :freak:

lol NOS i like that case.....its got a freeking wind tunnel in it...haha.....
but wait....?? how is a T line better then a reservoir...read-

The reservoir is used to hold the water that is pumped through the system to a location that will be easy for the pump to pull the water from. The other purpose of the reservoir is to help remove the bubbles form the system when it is initially filled. This process is called bleeding. To make the bleeding process faster, it is suggested to have the reservoir placed as the highest components in the system. If this is not possible, the next best place to have it is directly next to the pumps inlet. Having the reservoir directly next to the pump inlet will give you the best possible performance but will be slightly more difficult to bleed the system.

There are many different types of reservoirs, and there is really no difference as to performance between them. The one thing that you will want to do though, is to choose one with oversized fittings. This is a wise idea as you want the most flow to your pump as possible as well as reducing the overall restriction in the cooling loop. For instance I have 5/8inch fittings (thank you Weapon) on my reservoir, but my system is 1/2inch fitting based.

The other thing that can be used in place of a reservoir if you donÂ’t have the room for one is a T-Line. In the past few months they have been becoming increasingly popular due to their small size. Now they are convenient, but there is a drawback. The bleeding process will be lengthened by literally about 100x the time. Bleeding in a reservoir takes a matter of seconds, and with a T-Line it cant take up to several days. Although it can take up to several days, with some care and patience you can get the bleed time to less than an hour.

compliments of XS forums....

A t-line while it does take much longer to bleed, is much more efficient, as it basically creates an in line reservoir. This is very good because it promotes a much higher flowrate, and makes the system, much much much easier to fill.

Finally, it makes adding water to the loop much easier.

i'm trying to keep my money low!! lol

plus i know the aerocool well, i used to have one

and whichever is cheaper, t-line or reservoir.. i just need something to cool my dang cpu

this is a "might as well thing" not a "lets go all out for ocing" thing....

again i'm only doing this because i don't want to take the scythe ninja off this ds3..

because i will be going back to my 975x PUE for when i go crossfire

I just got my setup and this is it so far. Swiftech MCRES, U2-UFO, DDC with Petras Top, Thermochill PA 120.3, 3 Sanyo Denki at 12volts, and a Storm and my idles temp are 23C. :). But ive got to add my chipset and GPU block and a BIXII tommorow.

Good luck with your WC. O and get a res, much easier to setup and much easier to bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom