Old member coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_Gates

Banned
Hey guys, I have been a member here before but stopped coming for a while. Now I'm back just with a different name.

I just got a new video card and now that I have a good job, plan on doing some modding again.

If anyone is curious this is my system.
Saprano case
OCZ Powerstream PSU
Gigabyte K8 Triton NForce4 SLI :rolleyes:
AMD X2 3800+ (stock speed)
2gb Corsair XMS 4x512mb
2x200gb Maxtor hdd
7900GTO
XP Pro

Just put the 7900GTO in tonight. On stock speeds I got 6150 in 3Dmark06, I've done some overclocking to it but haven't re-ran 3Dmark yet. Right now it is running fine at 690/745.I was hoping someone has some oc'ing experience with this card and knows some ballpark figures on its limits.

One more question...anyone know if getting a physx card would be worth it? I know only a few games really take advantage of it but is there going to be any major design changes on it leaving the ones that are out now useless?

your last name did not happen to be Bill Gates did it?

any who......

my 2 cents would be to hold off on the physics card for now. they are not cheap and few games use them. I thik it would be better to hold off on that piece of equipment to more companies start making it and more games start using it.

Butttttttttttt, being as this is not my money we are talking about, i say go for it if you want it. I can not tell YOU what to do with YOUR money. i can only merely suggest sending some my way. :cool:

luke87 said:
your last name did not happen to be Bill Gates did it?

That I can't say. :)

Guess I will hold off on the card. I need a new case wrose anyways. The soprano doesn't have enough room for me. Cooling isn't that great either.

i agree with luke87 ..
hold ur money back ..
and by the way .. welcome back gates !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom