Okay.... Building Comp. CMERE!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Ya that should work. I personally have never used an anti static band, nor do I own one, and I built my PC just fine without taking any precautions. Well I did try and keep some part of my body touching a metal part inside the case, but other than that.. nothing. I have been working inside computers for a long time and I have never once used or owned a wrist band. I have never fryed anything. All you need to do is touch a metal part of the case every so often and you should be fine.

Well, it is better to teach him the corect was of doing things and let him figure out on his own how far he indeed needs to go in regards to precautions. I never wear a static strap, just try to lean on the case. Or I just ground myself once in a while, whenever I pick up a new peice to put in. Static yes is highly overrated, but why risk it? Better safe than sorry. Even though it is a gay saying, it is more than true.

Re: Help Plz!!!

JDGreen92086 said:
Okay, im getting ready to build my comp. I've bought myself an anti-static wristband from radio shack, and im wondering... would it be okay to clip the clip on the case?
Also, all the rooms in my house are on carpet, or lanolium(spelling)... so...?? I have my socks & shoes off... Should i take off my shirt maybe? Shirts build static electricity too right?

You don't need an anti-static band, just remove all clothing and you'll be OK.

JDGreen92086 said:
I'd rather be safe.

I couldn't resist not commenting on it.:)

On a serious note, you can just ground yourself by touching the metal surface of your computer case. Make sure that you leave all the parts inside the anti-static container until you're ready to install them.

Do you have a Jade Green color car?

JDGreen92086 said:
I know. I just bought the wristband for extra protection. I left them in the anti-static bags until i needed them.

Jade Green car?! Have you been stalking me?

No, your screen name is JDGreen. Thought you had a Jade Green Supra.

Hmmmm... JD=nickname/first and middle name initials. Green=Last name. 92086=Bday

:)

How did you get Jade Green Supra. I can kinda understand the Jade Green part... but... Supra?

JDGreen92086 said:
Hmmmm... JD=nickname/first and middle name initials. Green=Last name. 92086=Bday

:)

How did you get Jade Green Supra. I can kinda understand the Jade Green part... but... Supra?

Just a guess. Not a lot of car manufacturers actually have Jade Green. Actually, I think Toyota is the only one that has Jade Green.

Interesting... Never knew that. Not a big car fan. Although I would like to put a body kit, and some nice rims on my 98 contour. It would look nice, but im too cheap for that. Just built a new comp anyway, so my ass=broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom