Ok making a router PC need advice - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Ok making a router PC need advice

currently i have running a celeron 633 off a 210 PWS and 256 PC 133 Sonly thing connected to it are floppy and dvd-ron (for router image)

On my energy budget here.. would it be worth it to switch to a Pentium 166 with 32 ram and a 125 watT PWS ?

I basically do not know much about a comp's power consumption? will the celeron Pull maybe 30wats unless under load? or will there be a HUGE difference in power consumption with the p166..

Also if i use the p166 Where are some sources i can buy a small box i can fit and mod into a case.. as the current one is FUGALY, and i only really need to have the PWS (will buy a micro one if i use this setup), Floppy two fans and the mobo (old dell one probably 14 inches by 9 inches,
need something shoebox size but plastic so i can Drill holes and mount the mobo/PWS

Sig removed due to size. Please read the rules before adding your compliant sig. SigSanta
Old 04-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

wow... going all out in power eh? a p166 takes more power than a celeron i think thats what ur asking. theres also the diff between energy star pc's too. and u can buy a new case w/o a psu for crazy low prices now eh? i think the lowest ive seen is 12.99 at zipzoomfly. its plastic i think. but dont know of anything shoebox size and plastic

Closed Thread