ok to leave gpu oced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnev_89

Daemon Poster
i've been wondering about this for a while now. when i oc my video card, should i leave it at its oced settings, or should i go back to default when i'm not gaming? my cpu i (obviously) leave oced, but i wasn't sure about the video card...

also, for the people who have a evga 6600gt, how far have you been able to oc yours? right now i leave my card at default settings, but later i'll start ocing when i start noticing low fps in games.

thanks

It already sets itself to 300 / 1000 while not in 3dmode

My XFX's have done like 597 / 1120 and my other XFX has done 574 / 1220, both stable

The clocks are lower now

If it's stable then there is no problem leaving it. It just saves the hassle of adjustment whenever you want to play a game.

It has a 2D and a 3D mode. You can clock them seperately but with my friends 6800, when I change the memory in one, it carries over to the other one...

yea 2d mode is for windows and 3d mode is for games just over clock the 3d mode and leave it and make sure ur temps dont go over 75C

When you OC your GFX card, does it drop the OC when the GPU is not heavily in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom