ok.. final thoughts on buying new water setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
ok my current comp is a chaintech vnf-3 250
Processor Athlong 64 3200+ newcastle skt 754
1gb Corsair ram (with ramsinks pre-installed) 2x 512
XFX 6800GT 256mb AGP (with koolance nv-06 water block on it. (1/4fittings)

Ok i'm thinking of going DD
my thoughts are.

Selected options:
CPU Style: AMD64 754/939/940
CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX
Top Style: Lucite - Clear
Video Card Water Block: None
Chipset Water Block: MAZE4 Chipset Block
Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing
Radiator: Black Ice XtremeII - Black
Fans: 2x Sunnon 120mm Fan w/4-pin molex
Pumps: !NEW! Danger Den 12V D5 1/2 OD Fittings
Tubing: 10 Feet of Tygon
Reservoir: Single 5 1/4 Bay Reservoir
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver V
Water Additives: MCT-40 Non-Conductive Fluid
Hold Down Style: Standard Stainless Steel Hold Down
Danger Den Fillport: None
Misc: 20 Hose Clamps

this setup good?

ok my questions are.. To adapt to the 1/4th waterblock (I am very fond of it and don't wanna get a diff one)
would it be easier to find a splitter that splits 1 1/2 tubing to two 1/4ths or To get the koolance adapters to 1/2 but.. That i'm worried will put Insane stress on my video block and possibly the hosing. and just get a koolance memory hydropack (1/4th tubing) and add that before I put both back to 1/2

my other question is How would i want to set this up.. would i want any Y's or T's anywhere along this line? and what order Do i want to put pump, radiator, CPU, video, Chipset, (memory?)

do i need a 2nd radiator in the loop?

I'm not too concerned on space I have a Thermaltake Armor

sry for all he questions :^^

you do not need a second radiator for your setup, the BIX II will be more than enough for handle your components. If you dont mind ordering from two stores i say get the d5 tdx combo from danger den for 108, but get the rest of the stuff from here as they have better pricing on stuff like arctic silver, sunon fans, and they carry 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Tygon tubing which will work just as good as 1/2" but is easier to work with. You dont even need clamps as the fit is just perfect.

Concerning your GPU block, i know you like it but i still advise to change it. You dont want to bottleneck your flow with these 1/4" barbs. You are getting high end parts, but you are essentially ruining efficiency based on the gpu block. Even if you do keep the gpu block, run everything in a single loop, dont use any splitters or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom