ok, can get past 2.8ghz on 2180

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I really don't know much about overclocking ram (cpu I get a little more) I just increased ram voltage by .03. A seperate question if my overclock doesn't work my computer turns off and on like three times then just resets defaults. Is this bad for my computer? and do I still need to reset cmos or is that the same thing. One last thing cpu-z says core voltage is 1.296, core temp says vid is 1.3125. Just to make sure vid is core voltage right?

You have a fluctuating voltage the set voltage is usally a maximum (correct if wrong)

And i am not sure what vid is, i don't think it's cpu.

yeah vid is cpu. and basically that like determines heat output, and essentially if you have a high(er) VID you're OC is limited. I have the same issue, i can't get past around 3.0 cause my vid is high. You're gonna have to up the voltage and just monitor temps, make sure it isn't too high.

well I reached 3ghz stable prime 95 for overnight. Still have not touched the voltage. So vid is v core then? If so they both can't be right, cause each one stays the same they are just both different. O and I set my ram ratio to 3. and I still need to know about that cmos problem cause I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom